[tor-dev] adding smartcard support to Tor

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:56:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Razvan Dragomirescu
<razvan.dragomirescu at veri.fi> wrote:
> essentially, I want to be able to host hidden service keys on the card. I'm
> trying to bind the hidden service to a hardware component (the smartcard) so
> that it can be securely hosted in a hostile environment as well as
> impossible to clone/move without physical access to the smartcard.

The host will have both physical and logical access to your
process space, therefore you're compromised regardless
of where you physically keep the keys or how you acccess
them.

Though there are trac tickets you can search for involving
to leave and mount or access physical devices in /dev.