[tor-dev] Trac priorities and severities

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Tue Oct 13 20:20:29 UTC 2015

On 07 Oct (11:56:32), David Goulet wrote:
> Hello tor-dev!
>
> While 028 bug triaging, we realized that we *really* need priorities to
> not be a banana field deprive of useful meaning. If you are unaware or
> don't remember, the priority field in a trac ticket can be:
>
>     blocker critical major normal minor trivial
>
> Those are "severities" *NOT* priorities. Now I propose the following:
>
> 1) I take those above and copy them to the already existing but empty
> severity field. They seem reasonable and we are used to them.
>
> 2) Rename all priorities to something more meaninful:
>
>     blocker --> Immediate
>     criticial --> Very High
>     major --> High
>     normal --> Medium
>     minor --> Low
>     trivial --> Very Low
>
> 3) World trac domination!

Ok everyone! We are at "world trac domination" status. We now have a
Severity field for which I used the same name from the old Priority
field (since we all know semantically what they mean, I kept them).

The priorities have been rename like above.

Happy traccing!

Cheers!
David

P.S
For now, when you open a ticket, there are no default for both since
there is a bug in trac that doesn't allow me to change it. I've pinged
a sysadmin so hopefully will be resolved soon.