[tor-dev] [measurement team] analytics server proposal

isis isis at torproject.org
Fri Oct 9 13:10:47 UTC 2015

thomas lörtsch transcribed 2.8K bytes:
> On 09 Oct 2015, at 13:17, isis <isis at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> > thomas lörtsch transcribed 8.6K bytes:
> >> analytics server proposal
> >> =========================
> >
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Are you intending to get this proposal into the proposal directory in the
> > torspec repo? [0]  Or were you only sending it to tor-dev@ as a general
> > statement of the plan?
> >
> > FWIW, this is likely approaching the size of project that we'd want one or
> > more official proposal(s) in the torspec repo, and this proposal is an
> > excellent start (it'll just need a bit of cleanup and reformatting and such).
> > Please, let me know if there's anything I can help with.
> >
> > [0]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/
>
> Hi Isis,
>
> the intention was to annouce the project, solicit feedback and invite people to request an account on the server.
> If you think that it should be added to the torspec repo I’m happy (honored :) to do the required cleanup and reformatting. We’ll probably sort out some technical details first though and wait for more feedback. Do torspec proposal styles follow RFC 7322 [0]?
>
> +ea
>

> [0] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7322.txt

They… uh… vaguely shoddily follow RFC7322.  I suppose you get bonus points the
more you follow it, but strict adherence has never been maintained nor
formalised.  Rather, the list of things a proposal SHOULD cover is covered
here. [1]  :)

[1]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/001-process.txt

--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft