[tor-dev] [measurement team] analytics server proposal

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Oct 9 13:08:49 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas and Isis,

first of all, this is a great proposal.  Thomas and I talked a bit
about this idea in Berlin and the days after, and then Thomas turned
this into a great analysis what's needed to set up such a server to
analyze all the Tor data that's out there.  That's part of the reason
why we're already in the process of setting up this server.

Regarding inclusion in torspec, I'm less clear whether this text
belongs there.  The main purpose of this server will be to find
interesting facts in Tor data, but it's quite experimental at the
moment and not designed as building block of an analysis
infrastructure.  I think I'd rather want us to put this text into a
Git repository together with server configuration details and
descriptions of analyses performed on the server.

Thomas, we briefly talked about setting up such a Git repository.
Would you want to create that and add this text along with the server
configuration document we started yesterday?

Thanks for moving this forward so quickly!

All the best,
Karsten