[tor-dev] Crux: Privacy-preserving statistics for Tor

Vasilios Mavroudis vasileios.mavroudis.13 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 02:59:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

I would like to introduce our project "Crux", which enables the computation
of privacy preserving statistics on sensitive data.
The project was developed at University College London (UCL) by me, in
close collaboration with George Danezis.

"Crux" was designed with Tor hidden services in mind (in accordance with
this
<https://research.torproject.org/techreports/hidden-service-stats-2015-04-28.pdf>
Tor
Tech Report), but it can be applied on various kinds of data (given an
appropriate parser).

It supports three statistics (i.e. mean, median, variance) and its threat
model is compatible Tor's (see technical document below).
Currently, we don't have a parser specific for the data collected by the
Tor relays, but we plan to keep adding functionality.

The source code can be found here: https://github.com/mavroudisv/Crux
The theoretical background, threat model, security argument and technical
details can be found here: link <http://mavroudisv.eu/files/thesis.pdf>

Ideas, comments, feedback much appreciated!

Vasilis

--
Vasilios Mavroudis