[tor-dev] Networks Blocking Tor's SSL Connections

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 23:06:00 UTC 2015

Hi All,

This morning I observed a “free wifi” network blocking tor’s SSL connections. While other SSL connections from my machine went through, I observed multiple network traces of tor completing a TCP 3-way handshake, and then getting no reply to the first SSL packet it sent.

I think they may have been blocking unknown or untested certificates, but I can’t be sure.

Still, I was able to use meek(-google) to access tor.

Has anyone else seen this kind of blocking behaviour?
(Is this the right list?)

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F