[tor-dev] Proposal: HTTP header distinguish TBB users

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Sat Oct 3 22:59:06 UTC 2015

> TBB plugin: T2W-OE - tor2web onion everywhere.
> Fork HTTPS-E.
> Maintain list of known t2w's.
> Plugin update from tpo.
> Matching engine rewrites t2w URL's to onions in TBB before the fetch.

You are correct my good sir!  This is indeed the better way.  Thank you!  I
made a pull request to HTTPS-E for the requisite tor2web rules.

https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/pull/3033

It's unclear to me how to make these rules only apply to the TBB version,
but judging by the version history of HTTPS-E they have a way of doing that.

Unless there's another specific issue, I consider the matter of Tor users
accidentally clicking links to Tor2web nodes solved.

-V