[tor-dev] Proposal: HTTP header distinguish TBB users

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Sat Oct 3 12:34:55 UTC 2015

> Are we still trying to hide TBB users in the Mozilla browser crowd?
My understanding of this, because we make the exit relays public, that the
answer is "no".  Correct me if I'm wrong.

> Are we making it even easier to identify and block TBB users?
Mildly so.  But if an operator wants to block TBB users they don't need to
have much trouble using ExitRelay list or the MaxMind anonymous proxy list.

For what it's worth we had a similar discussion in tor2web over whether to
add the "x-tor2web" request header.  We eventually decided to add it.

-V