[tor-dev] Comparing Stem, metrics-lib, and zoossh

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Oct 1 07:28:24 UTC 2015

Hello Philipp and iwakeh, hello list,

Damian and I sat down yesterday at the dev meeting to talk about doing
a comparison of the various descriptor-parsing libraries with respect
to capabilities, run-time performance, memory usage, etc.

We put together a list of things we'd like to compare and tests we'd
like to run that we thought we'd want to share with you.  Damian and I
will both be working on these for metrics-lib for a short while and
then switch to Stem.  Please feel free to join us in these effort.
The result is supposed to live on Stem's home page unless somebody
comes up with a better place.

Thanks!

All the best,
Damian and Karsten