[tor-dev] Graphs - Estimated Traffic Capacity

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sun Nov 29 12:28:52 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 01:38:56PM -0500, David Goulet wrote:
> Anyway, if you think this algorithm could be improved, please respond. If you
> think this algorithm is wrong, please respond. If you can reproduce the result
> on your own with this algo, omg please respond! :) The above could be totally
> wrong but hopefully we did a fairly good job. Please remember, this is an
> estimate. :)

I would be interested to see the capacity by pluggable transport: how
much headroom each PT has and which ones need more bridges.

I tried it a few months ago but I didn't have the idea of looking at the
read/write bytes history. I tried using measured/advertised bandwidth
and using the speed of consensus downloads from the
dirreq-v3-tunneled-dl line.

[tor-dev] Per-transport bridge bandwidth and bridge counts
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-July/009136.html
Using measured bandwidth:
https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/graphs/pt-bandwidth-2015-07-20/pt-bandwidth.png
Using median dirreq-v3-tunneled-dl rate:
https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/graphs/pt-bandwidth-2015-07-20/pt-dl.md.png
Source code:
https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/graphs/pt-bandwidth-2015-07-20.tar.gz