[tor-dev] [tor-commits] [tor-messenger-build/master] Bug 17492: Include default bridges configuration

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sat Nov 7 03:29:45 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 08:29:19PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 07, 2015 at 12:13:45AM +0000, boklm at torproject.org wrote:
> > commit 7a1c6fd121dd001eb999ef03ebbbed264da37026
> > Author: Nicolas Vigier <boklm at torproject.org>
> > Date:   Sat Nov 7 00:45:48 2015 +0100
> >
> >     Bug 17492: Include default bridges configuration
> >
> >     However, we exclude meek from the bridges configuration, as it currently
> >     doesn't work in Tor Messenger because it requires firefox.
>
> This could be a great opportunity for Yawning's recent meek variant that
> doesn't use an actual browser. (It won't work as well as the real meek,
> but maybe no actual adversaries care about the difference quite yet?)

You can also just run meek-client without the Firefox helper. It has a
standalone mode. Just change the torrc line

ClientTransportPlugin meek exec ./TorBrowser/Tor/PluggableTransports/meek-client-torbrowser -- ./TorBrowser/Tor/PluggableTransports/meek-client

ClientTransportPlugin meek exec ./TorBrowser/Tor/PluggableTransports/meek-client

There's a man page for meek-client:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/meek.git/tree/doc/meek-client.1.txt