[tor-dev] Update of prop#250: Random Number Generation During Tor Voting

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Thu Nov 5 02:54:25 UTC 2015

asn,

Is it possible to add a field called 'NOTARY' in the COMMIT and REVEAL
values where we include the SR pubkey + certificates and everything we
need so that we can validate each COMMIT / REVEAL value and tie it to
the identity of a directory authority any time?

Directory authorities will save to disk each COMMIT and REVEAL
including the data required for signature validation (NOTARY field).
Each authorities will include it in their votes also, and so on.

This way an authority can even use a different SR key for each COMMIT
value broadcasted in a single day, if it's properly chained to the
identity of that authority at the timestamp of the usage which is also
recorded and individually verified.

This is what I was trying to suggest in the last part of my comment on
#17349 but written it kind of pour there - I was confused about your
'other authorities save the SR key to disk statement' initially but it
made total sense after reading the final complete proposal.