[tor-dev] valid MyFamily syntax variations ('$FP=nick' ?)

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Sun May 31 23:14:07 UTC 2015

Hi nusenu,

The spec isn't done :P Seriously though, no it's not a bug. If you
check nodelist [0] you'll see that this type of hex-encoded nickname
is normal for generating a descriptor. If you check CollecTor history
for the node your mention [1] you'll see the result of building a
descriptor. Metrics-lib parses this out in ServerDescriptorImpl [2].
Which then shows up in Atlas via Onionoo in DetailsStatus [3] during
NodeDetailsStatusUpdater [4].

I hope that clears things up. (I know I skipped a full stack trace but
its C and Java--cut me some slack)

--leeroy

[0] https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/src/or/nodelist.c#n499
[1]