[tor-dev] Listen to Tor

Paul Syverson paul.syverson at nrl.navy.mil
Tue May 26 13:08:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 04:33:39PM -0600, Kenneth Freeman wrote:

> On 05/22/2015 04:27 PM, l.m wrote:
> >
> > So...wouldn't the torified traffic sound like...white noise? I can
> > fall asleep to that.
>
> In and of itself a sufficient condition.

Safe data gathering nonwithstanding, it would be interesting if there
were actually diagnostic or other information that became salient when
rendered in an auditory modality: higher fraction of highly
interactive (e.g. IRC) traffic?, sudden DDoS underway?, why does it
sound different when Europe wakes up than when California wakes up?,
does that stop happening if a botnet uses Tor for C&C?, and does
whiteness (pinkness?) of noise reflect a decent metric for
traffic-security, etc.

aloha,
Paul