[tor-dev] Listen to Tor

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Fri May 22 22:27:52 UTC 2015

So...wouldn't the torified traffic sound like...white noise? I can
fall asleep to that.

On 5/22/2015 at 6:09 PM, "Kenneth Freeman"  wrote:On 05/21/2015 07:29
AM, Michael Rogers wrote:

> Hi Kenneth,
>
> What a cool idea! I played around with sonification of network
traffic
> once upon a time, using kismet, tcpdump and fluidsynth glued
together
> with a bit of perl. You can listen to the results here:
>
> http://sonification.eu/

Seriously cool.

> To avoid the privacy issues with monitoring exit node traffic,
perhaps
> you could run this on the client's LAN, producing two pieces of
music,
> one for unanonymised traffic and the other for the same traffic
passed
> through Tor? Then we'd know what privacy sounds like. :-)

I hadn't considered the identified vis-à-vis anonymous traffic
differential before. Interesting!

In a sense I'd like to do with Tor what the same sense & sensibility
has
already done with Wi-Fi with digital hearing aids: code
transformation.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22429952.300-the-man-who-can-hear-wifi-wherever-he-walks.html#.VV-hR6G8o4Q

I haven't any skill set for coding whatsoever, but a DJ at KRBX Radio
Boise hase expressed some interest (I wrote the Wikipedia article on
the
Treefort Music Fest), and I've spoken on the air about Tor, so an
acoustic rendition of Tor is not beyond reason.