[tor-dev] Listen to Tor

Nima Fatemi nima at riseup.net
Sun May 17 17:32:42 UTC 2015

Kenneth Freeman:
> I edit Wikipedia a lot, and thus am delighted by the ambient music of
> Listen to Wikipedia.
>
> http://listen.hatnote.com/#en
>
> So, why not Listen to Tor? More specifically, to a Tor exit node?

Very interesting idea.

> I'm a bit surprised that this music of anonymity (so to speak) hasn't,
> AFAIK, occurred to anyone else. I recall that Vidalia, long since
> deprecated, offered several options for exit node traffic...

Now this is getting a bit tricky... We encourage Tor exit operators to
not to monitor or tamper with the data. This sounds very much like
monitoring their exit and reporting back every TCP connection or circuit.

> So if anyone wants to make aleatoric music from Tor, keep me informed...
> Feast VII is, I believe, in September. If you want to pitch generating
> art from Tor, that's one venue. And if the basic idea isn't technically
> or otherwise feasible, kick it around until it is!

Do you know about Onionoo?

https://onionoo.torproject.org

I'm wondering if it's possible to do such a thing with the kind of data
Oniionoo provides from the Tor network.

Keep up with creativity!

-- Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall