[tor-dev] working back to socks_request_t

CJ Ess zxcvbn4038 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:07:20 UTC 2015

Thanks for going into so much detail, you've given me a lot to think about.
The real solution is probably the one that nobody wants to take on - having
an application HTTP port that could take direct input from HTTP aware stuff
and utilize a richer set of information then SOCKS allows for. I've spent a
couple evenings looking to see if I could take the code stuff from the
dirport and use it for that purpose. I need to spend another couple
evenings and and go back and look at the SOCKS4 stuff, I've just recently
realized that the state machine for that is closer to an http
request/response.