[tor-dev] Damian's Status Report - April 2015

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon May 4 03:45:41 UTC 2015

Hi all! My April was split between SoP prep and Nyx. Changes for the later
unfortunately aren't yet ready so this is gonna be a shorter status report
than usual.

Tor Summer of Privacy

It's a thing! Of our twenty-two applicants sadly we only had funding for four,
but all have great projects and we look forward to working with them this
summer!

  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-summer-privacy-projects

Personally I'm particularly excited since this will be the first time I've
mentored since 2012. Cristobal's working on a web dashboard for relay
operators - think nyx, but ajax...

  https://leivaburto.github.io/sop-proposal/

Few other noteworthy things were...

* Built on David's hidden service descriptor work by adding a
  get_hidden_service_descriptor() method to Stem. Next up is
  support for Yawning's ephemeral hidden services...

* Sambuddha revised Stem's Twitter example to support Twitter's
  v2 API. (#9003)

* Stem test for installation via our setup.py. (#15258)

Cheers! -Damian