[tor-dev] #14995: systemd unit files - review

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Sat May 2 08:30:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

[dropping Weasel from the Cc list as I'm pretty sure he reads
tor-dev at .]

nusenu wrote (28 Apr 2015 11:15:25 GMT) :
> Now that jessie and vivid is released and debian's systemd has a bug
> [1] with legacy sysv scripts

FYI this is blocked by missing functionality in sysv-rc's update-rc.d.

> I wanted to ask what the status of the
> systemd integration is. Do you have any plans on it?

This is being worked on there: https://bugs.debian.org/761403 (which
should be a more appropriate forum to discuss this topic.)

> I think systemd support would also improve security when taking
> advantage of systemd's security features - a few of them are
> unfortunately buggy and therefore disabled in the files below.

Please report such bugs:

 * to the Tor project's Trac if they are bugs in
   contrib/dist/tor.service.in as shipped with tor
 * to the systemd bug tracker if they are bugs in systemd itself

Thanks!

> tested with jessie:
> https://github.com/nusenu/ansible-relayor/blob/master/files/debian_tor%40.service

I get a 404 there.