[tor-dev] Measurement of the amount of discrimination by website operators on Tor users?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 07:17:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Rishab Nithyanand
<rishabn.uci at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/call-arms-helping-internet-services-accept-anonymous-users
>
>Step one is to enumerate the set of ... services that handle Tor connections differently
>
> I think it's an important step to help make more informed decisions about
> how the usability of Tor can be improved (by reducing discrimination). I've
> got a measurement platform in place, some ideas of how I'd like the study to
> be done, and an awesome mentor to help me with it. But I'd like to know if
> it's already been accomplished by someone else before investing time into
> it.

Afaik no formal work, only some early framing and manual collection exists, most
of which is linked within that blog post and its wiki pages therein.
Feel free to float
your ideas here as a means to further develop / doc that framing and go for it.
Tor-talk might also be able to provide input / volunteers,
particularly about how services
handle tor differently during actual use, such as how user accounts are treated.
(Any scanner can detect frontpage blockage, which is useful project
info itself.)