[tor-dev] Measurement of the amount of discrimination by website operators on Tor users?

Rishab Nithyanand rishabn.uci at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:07:02 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the status of this blog
post (from August 2014):
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/call-arms-helping-internet-services-accept-anonymous-users

Specifically this part: "Step one is to enumerate the set of websites and
other Internet services that handle Tor connections differently from normal
connections, and look for patterns that help us identify the common
(centralized) services that impact many sites".

I think it's an important step to help make more informed decisions about
how the usability of Tor can be improved (by reducing discrimination). I've
got a measurement platform in place, some ideas of how I'd like the study
to be done, and an awesome mentor to help me with it. But I'd like to know
if it's already been accomplished by someone else before investing time
into it.

Thanks!
Rishab