[tor-dev] Brainstorming ideas for controller features for improved testing; want feedback

Michael Rogers michael at briarproject.org
Fri Mar 20 20:32:05 UTC 2015

On 20/03/15 15:55, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> 27. Hidden service intropoint changes, desc changes, uploads
>
>     Many hidden service transitions currently generate no events.  We
>     could at minimum generate events for changed inroduction points,
>     changed hidden service descriptors, uploading our own HS descriptor.

An HS descriptor upload event would be useful for apps that use hidden
services for p2p connections - we can avoid polling for descriptors if
we know when our own descriptor has been published.

> 32. Forget cached information
>
>     To better test our download logic, it would be helpful to have a way
>     to drop items from our caches.

This too. (I have a patch for purging entries from the HS descriptor
cache that I'll bring to the patch workshop one of these weeks...)

Cheers,
Michael