[tor-dev] Fwd: [guardian-dev] Orbot v15 alpha 5 is out: MeekObfs4VPNQRCodez!

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Fri Mar 20 13:51:27 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 04:05 AM, isis wrote:
> Nathan Freitas transcribed 0.8K bytes:
> > On Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 06:58 PM, David Fifield wrote:
> > > What would it take to get some screenshots that show how to turn on
> > > pluggable transports? I would like to add a guide to
> > > https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#Quickstart and
> > > instructions to
> > > https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports#Howtousepluggabletransports
> > > .
> > >
> > > Or do you have such a guide I can just link to?
> > >

> > We're still finalizing the UI for the new features (QR code scanning,
> > meek bridge type selection, etc) so once that is completed, we'll do a
> > round of screenshots, guide updates, etc. This will most likely happen
> > in early April.
>
> Wow, this is awesome!  Great work, to all of you!
>
> Let me know if there's anything more I can do to help.

In thinking about how users on phones/tablets will actually get
obfs3/4/scramblesuit bridges, I realized that going to
https://bridges.torproject.org on their mobile device will not be a
great experience. The QR code scanning if they or a friend also has a
PC, but in a pure mobile environment, it doesn't help so much.

I can create a ticket for this, but just to lay out the idea, I think we
need to have the bridge:// (or the improved proposed obfs4:// obfs3://
type specific scheme URLs) as a clickable link in both the bridges.tp.o
site and the gettor email response messages.

+n