[tor-dev] 0.2.7 triage meeting

Isabela isabela at riseup.net
Tue Mar 17 20:02:13 UTC 2015

Thanks everyone for voting, based on your vote I am picking the
following date and time for our meeting:

*Thursday March 19th, 13:30UTC at #tor-dev*

We created a spreadsheet with all the tickets we need to triage:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H_kAcQQ-NpGpKWG9RlF3w-NhruKKE9EZJcRaXBQGVy8/edit#gid=499528971

At the meeting we will do the following exercise (we encourage people to
go ahead and start doing it prior to the meeting if they have time):

0. Each person will go down the list and color the background of the row
with red if you think the task should not be part of 0.2.7
    Some guideline of what to consider while thinking about what to
color as red: "This is impossible", "this would hurt tor", "this is very
little benefit for a great deal of effort"
1. I will group all red stuff at the meeting and we will do a quick
eyeball check to see if indeed they should be out
2. Then each person will look at tasks they are familiar with and add
priority (trivial, normal, major) and some estimation (small, medium, large)
    Don't worry, this does not need to be perfect, just your best guess.
As you go down the list and have questions you can ask the rest of the
group on irc. We won't be going together as a group through item per
item. We encourage people to just go and update the tasks with what they
think, and discuss on the channel.
3. We will probably be doing #2 for a while, after 1hr or so we will
stop. (don't want to exhaust anyone) I will push to the top every row
that has information for all columns and leave at the bottom those that
does not.

Hopefully by the end of the meeting we will have triaged and prioritized
a good chunk of those tickets. We will decide at the end of the meeting
if we think is necessary to do another one soon or if should schedule
for next month.. etc.

Let me know if you have questions!
Isabela