[tor-dev] #14995: adding multi-instance support to debian packages (patch)

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Tue Mar 17 12:00:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

Nusenu wrote (16 Mar 2015 14:09:13 GMT) :
> many relay operators run multiple tor instances to overcome certain
> limitations. Currently the official deb packages do not come with an
> easy configurable way to run multiple tor instances.

Just for the record, we've discussed this a few months ago with
weasel, and the plan was to use a systemd unit template, that allows
to support this feature in a nice and elegant way:

  * introductory blog post about it:
    http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/instances.html
  * http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.unit.html
    (look for "unit template")

I've no opinion regarding adding such support to the SysV initscript,
except I'm not personally interested in working on it myself (contrary
to the systemd-based solution).

Cheers,
--
intrigeri