[tor-dev] Renaming arm

Speak Freely when2plus2is5 at riseup.net
Mon Mar 16 18:16:03 UTC 2015

Hi everyone (Damien specifically),

I know the discussion is [almost?] over, but I couldn't help but share
my little thought. Damien, do as you please. :)

Here's my suggestion:

IRIS -> Interactive Relay Information System

Iris is the part of the eye that controls what you see (the amount of
light reaching the retina)

Iris is a Greek god, the personification of the rainbow (all of arm's
pretty colours), and messenger of the gods (the Tor gods, of course).

I can't help but feel this is the PERFECT fit.

Also, for fun... Seth (Set) is not a good god. Among other things, he is
the god of desert, storms, disorder, and violence. He killed and
mutilated his own brother, Osiris, among many things. He's also known as
a trickster.

Anywho, I'm not trying to provoke a Greek / Egyptian / Christian
discussion about who is the better God... Just throwing it out there.

Kind regards,

Matt
Speak Freely