[tor-dev] Renaming arm

Federico Ceratto federico.ceratto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:10:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org> wrote:
>   1. It needs to be short. This is a terminal command so anything
> lengthy is just begging people to alias it down.

Short commands are more likely to cause collisions and sometimes
distribution maintainers are forced to rename them (leading to more
confusion).
CLI lovers tend to create their alias anyways.

>   2. It should be reasonably memorable. Sorry, no 'z62*'.

Since shell completion has been around for decades I find that
completing commands like git-*, ssh-*, apt-*, dpkg-* is fast and also
help reminding myself of commands that I don't use frequently. E.g.
tor-relay-monitor can be easily discovered by tabbing around.

Bye
--
Federico