[tor-dev] Performance and Security Improvements for Tor: A Survey

Prateek Mittal pmittal at princeton.edu
Fri Mar 13 18:42:21 UTC 2015

Mashael, Ian -- this looks awesome, congrats!

A couple of very minor comments come to mind (mainly from looking at Figure
5):
a) For AS-level adversaries, the following could be useful inclusions:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1029199
http://moria.freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/murdoch-pet2007.pdf
http://www.princeton.edu/~pmittal/publications/bgptor-hotnets14.pdf

b) The figure misses out on depicting a research direction that aims to
embed notions of trust in the network (could potentially be combined with
path selection):
http://www.ohmygodel.com/publications/ortrust-ccs11.pdf
http://www.princeton.edu/~pmittal/publications/pisces-ndss13.pdf

(Typo: the ShadowWalker cite in Figure 5 should have the year as 2009)

Thanks,
Prateek

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Ian Goldberg <iang at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> As I mentioned at the dev meeting, Mashael and I were just finishing up
> a survey paper on Tor performance and security research.
>
> The tech report version was just posted on eprint:
>
> https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/235
>
> for your perusing pleasure.  ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
>    - Ian