[tor-dev] Syncing the Tor+TBB release schedules?

Isabela isabela at riseup.net
Fri Mar 13 15:50:02 UTC 2015

This is a great discussion, thanks Mike for writing down TBB release
process.

I think is very important to start being more strategical on how we plan
the different projects releases. Of course this doesn't mean we have to
force a big change right away, that is why the discussion is important
so we can figure out a good plan on how to do it.

Let's see our options first:

  *

    match Core Tor release 0.2.7 with TB 5.0-x release

        pros: PT and control port compatibilities

        cons: probably will have to cut in half the number of features for 0.2.7 release (should analyze how that can affect sponsor deliverables we are committed to)

  *

    target 0.2.6 for TB 5.0-x stable, and aim for 0.2.7 to go out in the next TB series

        pros?

        cons?

Did I missed anything?