[tor-dev] Suggestions for Hidden Services Statistics Project

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Wed Mar 11 17:49:33 UTC 2015

Gautham Nekkanti <gauthamnekk at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>         I have already shared my project idea on a Simple analytics tool
> for Hidden service providers. I am looking for suggestions and input from
> users who have had experience in hosting hidden services. Obviously, there
> would all useful traffic related statistics. I'm looking for suggestions on
> what tor-specific statistics do you think would be helpful? As meejah
> suggested, we are thinking on including a few tor-specific statistics like
> 'How many times their onion descriptor was requested', 'No of bytes
> transferred through circuits', e.t.c.
>
> Thanks

I think a panel for hidden service operators would be very useful.

Some ideas on information that could be displayed:

- User Analytics:

-- How many clients have appeared during last hour/day/month (including
   a graph that shows visits at different times of day).

-- How much traffic was received and pushed.

- Security panel:

-- How many guards have been used over the past day/week/month.

-- Graph with the number of rendezvous point establishments that have
   been performed (to detect sloppy guard discovery attacks). This
   might be the same as the client graph.

- Other information:

-- How long till introduction points expire. How long till guard expires.

-- How many of your responsible HSDirs are still up.

- Other features:

-- Red button to auto-publish yourself to ahmia (per #15008)