[tor-dev] RFC: Ephemeral Hidden Services via the Control Port

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Wed Mar 11 02:35:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:14:47 +0000
Yawning Angel <yawning at schwanenlied.me> wrote:

> Anyway now that master is 0.2.7.x, I'm looking to revisit this in the
> form of:
[snip]

I talked to a few people at Valencia about this, including discussing
the outstanding issues and made the following changes since the last
discussion:

 * ADD_EPH_HS/DEL_EPH_HS are now ADD_ONION/DEL_ONION.
 * An optional "DiscardPK" argument can now be provided to suppress
   including the newly generated private key in the response (for
   one-shot, never-want-to-recreate-ever HSes, there's no reason to
   pass the private key around).
 * Minor cleanups.

The code: https://github.com/Yawning/tor/compare/feature6411
The spec: https://github.com/Yawning/torspec/compare/feature6411

The spec change can probably use proofreading, corrections, and
clarification, but those aren't my strong point(s).  Assuming that
no unpleasant surprises pop up, I will rebase/squash down my feature
branch and seek code review/merge into master (0.2.7.x).

Questions, comments, feedback appreciated[0],

--
Yawning Angel

[0]: Onions added this way will remain tied to the control port
connection that created them for now.  That particular dead pony has
been loaded onto the cart and shipped off to the glue factory, and is no
longer available for beatings.