[tor-dev] #9321 changes not included in tor-0.2.6.3-alpha changelog

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Tue Mar 10 10:07:00 UTC 2015

Hello Nick,

I noticed that the 0.2.6.3 changelog does not contain the
guardfraction blurb of #9321. I think this happened in
c2312f4f5fbc37581180f53fb67edb70f3360104 where the bug9321 file was
deleted but its contents were not added to the changelog.

The text that is missing is:

  o Major features:
    - Introduce the Guardfraction feature which improves the load
      balancing of path selection towards guard nodes. Specifically,
      it aims to reduce the traffic gap that guard nodes experience
      when they first get the Guard flag. This is a required step if
      we want to increase the guard lifetime to 9 months or greater.
      Resolves ticket 9321.

Maybe we should add it now even though the release has happened.

Thanks!