[tor-dev] Relay Web Dashboard - Summer of Privacy

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Fri Jul 31 19:49:03 UTC 2015

>> is this strictly a one dashboard for one tor daemon or will this also be
>> usable to monitor multiple tor instances without running multiple
>> dashboard instances in parallel?
>
> It's being developed as one tor instance <-> one dashboard instance,
> although it'd be a nice feature to include what you mention into
> **future development**.

Hi nusenu. This is something I've long wanted to do with Nyx, and
definitely something for long term consideration. It's a valid use
case, especially for gigabit relay families that run multiple
instances to saturate their connection. We did this, for instance,
with Amunet. But that said, not a feature for the initial release.

> Would that include data that is not available via the controlport,
> like exit/guard probability, (measured bw), cw and cw fraction
> (available via onionoo) or is that not something that you are planing
> to include?

Think I'm gonna need to say 'patches welcome' for these. First step
would be to add them to Stem. Anything in Onionoo is easy to bring in
(it's chiefly just distilled descriptor information), but I'm not
positive about the exit/guard probabilities. Is it a simple ratio? Or
do tor clients do something more sophisticated? If it's something
simple I'd be happy to take a patch adding it to the Consensus class.

Cheers! -Damian