[tor-dev] Get Stem and zoossh to talk to each other

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Tue Jul 28 23:30:02 UTC 2015

Herrow,

3. Something else you didn't consider.

You're describing something which I've been tinkering with recently so
I'll add some thoughts. I've looked at zoossh and stem for parsing.
They are inadequate alone. What you need is to properly define this
domain-specific language using a context-free grammar. Then it doesn't
matter how you parse the data, or what language, and the semantic
analysis phase can be mapped to a variety of analysis/viz tools from
SciPy to R.

Thinking of this in terms of the parser is too being too limited in
your view. The parser is really not that important. The code that is
implemented in both parsers you describe is naive because it (alone)
doesn't require the semantic analysis to derive useful inferences.
Parsing only produces primitives for analysis, and the rate at which
these primitives are produced is a completely different problem from
what you're trying to solve.

We may cross paths on this subject again in the future.
Regards
--leeroy