[tor-dev] Is anyone using tor-fw-helper? (Was Re: BOINC-based Tor wrapper)

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Jul 23 16:54:33 UTC 2015

On 7/21/15, Nick Mathewson <nickm at torproject.org> wrote:
> Yawning's mail below reminds me: I am considering removing the C
> implementation of tor-fw-helper from the tor distribution, and recommending
> Yawning's pure-Go implementation instead.  But before I do this, I'd like
> to get some sense of whether folks are shipping tor-fw-helper today, or
> using it in practice.

Does the pure-Go implementation support NAT-PMP or just UPnP?

I still use tor-fw-helper when I hand compile Tor on obscure systems.
Generally this means a Novena board when I need a newer version of Tor
than is already packaged.

Also - does this mean that after many many years... that this new
version of tor-fw-helper be enabled by default at build time? Pretty
please? :-)

All the best,
Jake