[tor-dev] Fwd: [DNSOP] [Gen-art] review: draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00

Peter Palfrader weasel at torproject.org
Sun Jul 19 17:17:56 UTC 2015

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015, Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> Hi hellekin,
>
> On 07/18/2015 12:22 PM, hellekin wrote:
> > Dear Tor developers,
> >
> > would it be possible to add https://torproject.org/spec page,
>
> We have https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en#DesignDoc
> which points to
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/tor-spec.txt
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/rend-spec.txt
> etc.
>
> Do you think we need a new and different page?

AIUI, the idea is to have stable URLs to some documents thare are not
dependant on a specific implementation of git viewer software or
homepage instance.

I think that having those would be a good idea.

We have that for bugs, as https://bugs.torproject.org/nnnn - even if
hardly anybody seems to have seen the light of using them. :)

If we can figure out what to name this, I can add http redirects quite
easily.  May it should be https://spec.torproject.org/tor-spec or
something like that?  I'm less convinced it needs a document served
there, and I don't think it should live on www.tpo or plain tpo.

Cheers,