[tor-dev] Fwd: [DNSOP] [Gen-art] review: draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00

hellekin hellekin at gnu.org
Sat Jul 18 18:43:01 UTC 2015

On 07/18/2015 01:33 PM, Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> We have https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en#DesignDoc
> which points to
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/tor-spec.txt
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/rend-spec.txt
> etc.
>
> Do you think we need a new and different page?

*** Hi Wendy,

this would provide consistent and stable URIs and demonstrate goodwill
to the IETF, that you're taking into account the "major" and "minor"
issues <corp>, using foresight to establish a long-term paradigm towards
global stability <snark>and enlightenment of all netizens <ripper>in the
purity of essence of all our precious bodily

In order to make referencing Tor specifications more consistent--a
pointer to a git repository is hardly seen as stable, I recommend using
https://torproject.org/spec as a base URL, and to include the following
anchors:

#tor-protocol
#tor-directory
#tor-control
#tor-rendezvous
#tor-path
#tor-address
#tor-socks-ext
#tor-version

A description list could be used, e.g.:

<dl>
  <dt id="tor-protocol"><a
href="https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/tor-spec.txt">Tor-Protocol</a><dt>
  <dd>This is the main specification for Tor.  It describes the Tor
Protocol's current implementation.</dd>

</dl>

Then IETF working documents could use:

  [Tor-Protocol]: https://torproject.org/spec#tor-protocol

etc., without the need to update any published IETF documents related to
Tor even when the Tor specs have reached RFC status.  Note that since
RFC 7258, there seems to be a growing interest in citing Tor in IETF
documents. :)

Thanks!

==
hk

* I know, I know, the HTML spec doesn't allow snark elements within corp
elements. Take it easy :)