[tor-dev] tor#16518: Read-Only Filesystem Error opening tor lockfile in 0.2.6.9 but not 0.2.5.12

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Jul 9 14:21:26 UTC 2015

On 07/09/2015 03:24 PM, aexlfowley at web.de wrote:
> Correct. I edited /lib/systemd/system/tor.service and added
>   ReadWriteDirectories=-/media/cRAID/Tor
> and now 0.2.6.9 is running.
> I'm not entirely sure how to create my own
> /etc/systemd/system/tor.service so I leave it at that.
> (Trying out 'systemctl edit' I get "Unknown operation 'edit'." BTW.)

Just copy the /lib/systemd/system/tor.service file to
/etc/systemd/system and edit it there -- it will take precedence over
the one in /lib . You don't want to edit the one in /lib directly, since
it is meant to be for distribution files that can/should be replaced on
upgrades.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/