[tor-dev] tor#16518: Read-Only Filesystem Error opening tor lockfile in 0.2.6.9 but not 0.2.5.12

aexlfowley at web.de aexlfowley at web.de
Wed Jul 8 17:57:24 UTC 2015

> Sounds like access control gone wrong. An older version works but a
> newer version fails. Permissions on the filesystem look fine from
> mount output. So do you use access control, apparmor, selinux,
> grsecurity, fsprotect, bilibop, etc? In particular the tor package
> which is mentioned in your ticket includes an apparmor profile and
> suggests apparmor-utils.
>
> Also try checking your system logs
> --leeroy
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

ACL [1] is part of Debian. I presume that it's this way many years now
... I've updated the pastebin [2] with getfacl outputs. 0.2.5.12 still
running.
I don't have any of that other stuff installed.
(Both packages for 0.2.5.12 and 0.2.6.9 contain an apparmor profile.
Only change and new line is
  /usr/bin/obfs4proxy PUx,
in /etc/apparmor.d/abstracions/tor)

My system logs don't contain anything I haven't released (I checked
dmesg, /var/log/messages, syslog, kern.log).

1: https://wiki.debian.org/Permissions#Access_Control_Lists_in_Linux
2: http://lpaste.net/136099