[tor-dev] Relay Web Dashboard - Summer of Privacy

Cristobal clv at riseup.net
Tue Jul 7 19:26:24 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

This summer I'll be working on a Relay Web Dashboard as part of Tor's
Summer of Privacy [1]. The goal of this project is to develop a web
application to monitor Tor relays. A good part of the back-end code
will be based on what nyx [2] currently does (using stem [3]).

You can take a look at my SOP proposal here [4] to get a better idea of
what I'm planning to do. TL;DR : use Javascript to fetch information
from a 'Relay API'. This 'Relay API' will use stem to collect data from
the relay, keeping in mind that the idea is to follow a 'read-only'
approach, in other words: just monitoring (at least for now).

On the first half of SOP I'll be working on making this app based on nyx
features. On the second half I'm planning to add new features if
necessary, and for that I'd be very interested in hearing your feedback
and ideas, specially if you are a relay operator and you think there are
features that will help you with the task of running a relay.

I hope this project would be of help to relay operators community by
giving them a secure, useful and easy-to-use tool for their relays.

I'll be informing you about my progress with bi-weekly reports to this
list. I'm also on IRC by the nickname @clv

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,
Cristobal
GPG: 2ACA 8DD4 444E 358F B72E  8C3C 7196 690D 9E03 CDFD

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/gsoc
[2] https://gitweb.torproject.org/nyx.git
[3] https://stem.torproject.org/
[4] https://leivaburto.github.io/sop-proposal