[tor-dev] Performance testing using chutney

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 01:03:09 UTC 2015

> On 6 Jul 2015, at 04:36 , Cory Pruce <corypruce at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Yes, and testing locally gives you much better control of all the
> factors which affect performance.
> >

> Can I set everything up using vm's or maybe just a single relay?

Well, your ideal scenario is a separate box / VM, with at least 2 separate cores, for each of the tor instances you're pushing data through (2-3 with a path length of 1, 4-5 with a path length of 3, as you'll need to account for cannibalization).

However, anything you do to approach this ideal scenario is an improvement.

And running everything on the same box / VM should still give you some idea, as long as CPU usage on all CPUs isn't ~100%.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
pgp ABFED1AC
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5

teor at blah dot im
OTR D5BE4EC2 255D7585 F3874930 DB130265 7C9EBBC7