[tor-dev] Bi-directional families in Onionoo and consensus weight as measure of relayed bandwidth

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Thu Jul 2 11:38:44 UTC 2015

The major problem with ticket 16276 is that it isn't a fix (as you
seek here). It just moves the current implementation into the details
document rather than being done in the node index. I don't think you
*can* fix it as you seek. Bi-directionality isn't an enforceable
property. The spec makes no guarantee. The internet makes no
guarantee. You might as well remove the family property entirely than
try to do what you suggest.

What you propose isn't possible by the properties of tor's network.
The best you can do is take a measurement and hope it applies to all
views of the network. I made some comments alluding to this in 16276.
I would happily work on the ticket if it actually presented a
solution.

Comments appreciated.
--leeroy