[tor-dev] Two new tech reports on website fingerprinting

t55wang at cs.uwaterloo.ca t55wang at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jul 1 01:01:27 UTC 2015

I'd like to introduce two new works on website fingerprinting I've
written with my supervisor, Ian Goldberg.

The first is titled ``On Realistically Attacking Tor with Website
Fingerprinting''. We talk about methods to allow website
fingerprinting to perform under realistically difficult scenarios. We
have a tech report here:

http://cacr.uwaterloo.ca/techreports/2015/cacr2015-09.pdf

The second is titled ``Walkie-Talkie: An Effective and Efficient
Defense against Website Fingerprinting''. We propose a new website
fingerprinting defense that is practically efficient and provably
effective. We have a tech report here:

http://cacr.uwaterloo.ca/techreports/2015/cacr2015-08.pdf

Our code for both of those works are here:

https://crysp.uwaterloo.ca/software/webfingerprint/

In the code we have an implementation of a website fingerprinting
attack that can take a long series of web page accesses (as one packet
sequence) as input, and output if it has recognized any page in the
sequence. We also have an implementation of half-duplex communication
for Tor Firefox as the core of Walkie-Talkie.

Tao Wang