[tor-dev] Feature freeze schedule for Tor 0.2.6

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Sat Jan 31 13:13:09 UTC 2015

Hi!

Here's my plan for the Tor 0.2.6 feature freeze.

I had hoped to to the freeze today, but I'm going to be travelling to
a kid's birthday party for most of the day.  So instead, I'm aiming
for *Monday* for merging all features that are done, and giving
possible extensions to high-value features that aren't yet
implemented, but which aren't too far away.

Until Feb 17, I'll take bugfixes and features that got extensions.

After that, the only bugs I want to merge fixes for are:
  * bugs that have trivial obvious fixes
  * regressions
  * significant security bugs.  (Note that the absence of a feature is
not a bug).

I hope this will let us get 0.2.6 stabilized in March.  I'm planning
to open an 0.2.7 development branch in early March one way or another.

I'm going to write another email or blog post or something about all
the cool stuff that's going into Tor 0.2.6 (and some of the stuff that
I hope will go into 0.2.7) -- the development team has done a really
excellent job, and I'm really happy with how well we've all been
working together.  Special thanks to all the excellent volunteers as
well.

best wishes,
--
Nick