[tor-dev] Regarding contributing to torproject

Vipul Sharma vipul.sharma20 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:18:59 UTC 2015

Hello developers,

I have some experience in Python/Django and looking to contribute to
torproject. I've read about many projects mentioned at:
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#Projects
but still I need your help and advice to pick a project. Please suggest me
which project should I look for, considering that I am new to torproject :)

Apart from this, there are few questions I would like to ask:

   - Which is the best place to ask questions: mailing list or
   irc(#tor-dev) (I don't want to spam with my questions in this mailing list)
   ?
   - How should I communicate or notify before sending a PR ?
   - Is it necessary to issue a ticket before sending a PR ? (Supposing
   that I've found an issue)

I know these are pretty novice questions but I need your help :)

Regards,

Vipul Sharma