[tor-dev] oppy - an Onion Proxy in Python

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Wed Jan 21 19:08:41 UTC 2015

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:20:36 -0800
Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org> wrote:

> > Now that I think about it, something that would be great to have in
> > Stem would be path selection capabilities. So something like, say,
> > given a list of RelayDescriptors and some constraints that must
> > hold for a path, return some randomly chosen path that satisfies
> > those constraints.
>
> I'd be up for that. This isn't a very commonly requested piece of
> functionality, but it was part of TorCtl (which Stem deprecated in
> 2012)...
>
>   https://gitweb.torproject.org/pytorctl.git/tree/PathSupport.py

There's a mostly complete implementation in torps, that uses stem.  The
code isn't very Python-like as afaik it's a straightforward conversion
of the tor path selection code.  The last time I tried this,
downloading and processing all the documents took forever and consumed
a hilarious amount of RAM, but I belive stem has seen performance
improvements since I tried using it for this.

https://github.com/torps/torps

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel