[tor-dev] Revisiting exit node notification page

CJ tor at tengu.ch
Sun Jan 18 07:41:06 UTC 2015

On 18/01/15 01:48, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 3:18 PM, CJ <tor at tengu.ch> wrote:
>> Heya!
>>
>> While I re-built my server and my exit node, I took some time in order
>> to get a fancier notification page for the exit node:
>> https://tor.tengu.ch/
>
> This page isn't loading for me right now, just fyi.

Fuu… Tor xen domU seems to make the whole dom0 crash in a weird way.
Uncool at least :/.

>> Would you, the dev team, be interested in such a new look for this page?
>> If so, I might take some time in order to provide html/css stuff without
>> any dependence on some other stuff (though, on my page, all is included
>> locally).
>
> Personally, I would be interested in improvements to the language
> first and the style second.  I'd prefer a page that can be served via
> DirPortFrontPage (so, no external resources, not even images) and
> there should definitely be no JavaScript whatsoever.

Sure that. I'm not so good at English (not my mother tongue) — for the
"no image", it might be a bit austere… anyway, we might as well embed
images as b64 encoded content, I already saw that.
Regarding JS: sure. in my case it's just for the responsive part, but
that's not really useful anyway.

I'll try to understand *why* my tor VM makes xen crash first…

Cheers,

C.