[tor-dev] Tor Project Idea for GSOC 2015

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Tue Feb 24 22:54:51 UTC 2015

As a followup to this, I told Guatham I would consider mentoring this
(pending an actual GSoC project submission).

It would be nice to have a co-mentor who has better admin skills that me
and ideally who has hosted "real" onion services in the past to provide
perspective on use-cases and needs. I've only hosted txtorcon's
documentation (and Git repository).

I told Guatham it would probably be worthwhile to consider that evan a
moderately paranoid operator likely isn't going to want Python + Stem +
gnuplot or whatever on their onion-hosting machine [although, obviously
PHP is okay, right? ;)], so a lightweight and easy-to-audit "statistics
collection" script and an offline "analyze and draw pretty pictures"
program is probably the way to go...?

--
meejah