[tor-dev] Shadow v1.10.1 is released

Rob Jansen rob.g.jansen at nrl.navy.mil
Fri Feb 20 16:14:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

In case anyone missed it, I released a new version of Shadow last week. Download links and the release notes are available on the release page here:
https://github.com/shadow/shadow/releases/tag/v1.10.1

I've also copied them below in markdown for your convenience.

All the best,
Rob

====

I just tagged `Shadow v1.10.1`, and new links are available to [download the release][dlpage].

This is a major release, and includes:

 + the Tor plug-in is now split into [its own github repository][shadow-plugin-tor] for better modularity
 + a new Bitcoin plug-in that can run the Bitcoin software in Shadow, in [its own github repository][shadow-plugin-bitcoin]
 + a new traffic generator plug-in that can model client behavior using actions in a dependency graph format (replaces the old filetransfer plugin, which moved to [shadow-plugin-extras][shadow-plugin-extras])
 + updated [Shadow wiki][shadow-wiki] and [Shadow website][shadowweb] refresh, new [Tor wiki][shadow-plugin-tor-wiki], and new [Bitcoin wiki][shadow-plugin-bitcoin-wiki]
 + several enhancements to support running Bitcoin, including support for the `timerfd` timer interface, `AF_LOCAL` local Unix sockets, and more accurate handling of socket and file descriptors
 + new scripts for parsing stats from shadow log files and visualizing them
 + other core improvements and [bugfixes][r110issues]

Happy simulating!

[dlpage]: https://github.com/shadow/shadow/releases/tag/v1.10.1
[shadowweb]: https://shadow.github.io
[shadow-wiki]: https://github.com/shadow/shadow/wiki