[tor-dev] A proposal to change hidden service terminology

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 11 06:56:58 UTC 2015

A. Johnson wrote:

> Several of us [0] working on hidden services have been talking about
> adopting better terminology.

In general, I am in agreement with this, but I wonder if now might be
a good time to unify Tor terminology with other similar technologies
like I2P and Cjdns/Hyperboria.

I have heard someone (forget who) propose that 'Dark Web' be dropped
in favour of CipherSpace which could include all of these privacy
perserving protocols, leaving terms like "OnionSpace" for Tor,
"I2PSpace/EEPSpace" for I2P etc.

Cheers,
Erik